Friday, November 18, 2005

Busy Holiday Thanks

Well, (do I start every sentence with that word?) it is a beautiful, crisp, fall day, perfect for leading up to a week of preparation for the Day of Thanks. I read on Linnea's blog about giving thanks and I think that is a superb idea. If anyone happens onto my blog, I would like to see some comments on what you are thankful for. And I do not think we should limit to just this time of year. Help us, Lord, to cultivate thankful hearts ALL the time! I sure need it. So apt to murmur like the Israelites.

We heard from our Ecudorian missionary friends, Mike and Robin McMahan. They will be arriving tomorrow afternoon to spend Thanksgiving with us! Woohoo! (Am I allowed to use that word or am I too old?) We should have a great week. I am also looking forward to the bonfire/hayride tomorrow night at the Balls' home. Perfect weather! Lots of fun and fellowship! What a wonderful time of the year! Luke and I cannot wait for him to put up the Christmas lights and the big polar bear--I hope it still works! And the Christmas tree....Yes, I know it is all about JESUS, but I love the other celebratory events, too--all warm and fuzzy! I don't think Jesus minds, as long as we don't get caught up in SELF and "I want" and all that devilish stuff. He likes us to be happy and loving and giving. And don't forget I Peter: Always be ready to give an answer for the Hope you have within! And by the way, I think we should wish all the store attendants who aren't allowed to mention Christmas this year, a blessed Christ-mas!

What am I thankful for? Of course there is not enough room to list it all and I need to get going on other endeavors....I want to be original in my thanking, but right now I can only list the obvious ones. I am sure some of you will have wonderful thoughts! I am thankful for grace, for my super family (a recurring theme), my Godly, handsome, loving, patient, funny, strong, excellent husband, (sappy? oh well! get over it! : > ) , a warm home, physically and spiritually, my best friend Suzanne and her great family, and all my other God-given fantastic friends! Health, of course. The opportunity to travel to MS--I can never thank God or those who made it possible and who went with me; it was an amazing experience! I want to go again if God wills! Let's see; the Word of God, good books and movies, delicious food ( of which I partake WAY too much), ( I need to feed on the Word more and chocolate less!), super sermons and Sunday school lessons (isn't the Sunday school teacher awesome? : >) , good Godly friends for my children.....ok I know there is more but I really have to go.

May you all have a very merry Thanksgiving with your friends and family!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am THANKFUL that my friend has joined the world of BLOG! You may not think it fruitful but with your talent with the written word we will ALL be blessed!
I ditto all that you are thankful for and would add that I am particularly grateful that the LORD does not let me continue "in my own way" but is SO loving that He refines me and hones me and shapes me into someone new as I walk this earth daily!

7:13 AM  
Blogger Mackenzee said...

You are not too old to use 'Woohoo'! ESPECIALLY when saying that the McMahan's are coming!!!!!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

MacKenzee,
When are you all going to PA? Mrs. McMahan emailed and said they want to see you and your grandparents if possible before you go. Maybe you have already contacted them. The twins are coming tomorrow and William, Wendy, and Wendy's friend don't arrive until Wednesday.

8:10 AM  
Blogger faith said...

You may use the word woohoo. You are so funny. I can't wait for the bonfire. It should be a lot of fun. The balls is always a fun evening. I am thankful for my family and for my church family. :) Love you little mother of mine.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

What a fun blog, Mrs.Harr! This is Jeanne Peipon, by the way. I'm thankful for so many, many things! A godly family, getting to visit my sister in Nepal, a wonderful first grade teacher (Ms.Wagner will never be able to be Mrs.Ball for me!) a wonderful church family and home in the states. Friends who pray for and with you, the list goes on! Thanks for making me think this evening! Great idea!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Mackenzee said...

Mrs. Harr, We haven't talked to them about it yet, I'll try and call your house tonight or tomorrow morning to find out when they are getting in so we can set something up. We're leaving Thursday morning and will be back Friday late afternoon/early evening. We aren't going to stay long this year because our cousins have somewhere to be on Saturday and my dad is eager to work on the addition. (Note to Jeanne; I always accidentally call her Ms. Wagner too, I knew her from SCS when I was really little)

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home