Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Thankful 1, 2, 3, 4--and more

SOOOOOO--I just saw the thankful challenge for October--and it is the greatest idea! I know I will never get on here every day (reasons: I cannot control myself on the computer; I waste more time than I use it for good; I rarely get access to a computer in my house--others are completing much more important tasks on them all the time...) BUT I am going to try and post whenever I can. I read 1,000 Gifts by Ann Voskamp a couple months ago and it has changed (positively) my attitude and understanding of living here for Jesus on this broken planet. I started the journal and am up in the 900s but I plan to keep going as it helps me turn my eyes to the LORD and not just wallow in the circumstances and my self pity--He is sovereign! He grows us and blesses us ALL the time, even when we don't FEEL it or notice it. Thank you, all, for starting this challenge--may we spread the glorifying of God all over this old world! (oh, and the thankfuls are not in any order! Just list 'em as they come!)

Thankful 1--for my friend Marie <3, one of the sweetest people on earth

Thankful 2--for my faithful, loving, Godly, patient, fun, wonderful husband of almost 28 years, Tim (you're the best!) <3 <3

Thankful 3--for my dearest friend of over 22 years, Suzanne, who lifts me up from the miry pit and points me back to Jesus <3

Thankful 4--for my 5 super children, almost all grown up, and striving to walk the talk and grow in the Lord and follow His ways (i want to thank for each individually if i can get to it--you are all unique and wonderful in so many ways!) And for my three fantastic sons-in-law! Wow!

Extra thankful for the day-- (once you start, it's hard to stop--and you just want to keep going!)--for the season of Fall! Love the crispness, snuggling in blankets and fleeces, lower humidity, and wood smoke smells....)

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah B said...

Hi Mom, I love you! And I'm so thankful for you. Since I've gotten married and now have a house of my own to keep up, I'm always realizing just how much you did to keep our house running. All of the cooking, cleaning, teaching, shopping, washing, praying, guiding, driving, preparing, correcting, and the thousand other things one takes for granted as a child. I'm so thankful that God gave us such a wonderful Mom and I love you so much! :)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home