Saturday, August 21, 2010

Support Target!

I am not a big fan of Target usually. I have nothing against them, and they have been an employer for some of my friends and relatives, but I haven't ever been just crazy wild over their prices or anything; they do have nice stuff and several of my children do like their merchandise. Oh, and their returns are the easiest I have ever experienced and the store is pretty inside...(maybe I like them more that I realized...)
ANYWAY, right now I feel I want to support them in their contribution to the conservative in MN. I feel rather frustrated about the whole thing, however. Just try turning the situation around--say, a big and popular chain decided to give to a liberal candidate, and say, some conservative organization said, no, you can't do that. You have to give equally to liberals and conservatives! Can you imagine the outcry--not against the store, mind you--but against the audacity that demanding equal contributions would cause! Why are we hearing none of that in this case? ( rhetorical question--we all know why, of course) I am outraged by the "fair speech" supporters who demand "equal" time and money, as long as it is their causes that are endangered, but call us bigots and phobics when we express our opinions. It all reminds me of 1984 and doublespeak and the propogandists of Germany in the 1930's and Stalin's Russia and Cuba (you get the picture)--being regulated not only in what we can say, but even in how we think....what is that famous saying about "I did nothing when they came for the underclass, the Jews...and then they came for us..." (I think one of my kids may have posted that earlier...) Well, before the blogs are regulated, thought I'd exercise my free speech rights and express my opinion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home