Thursday, October 08, 2009

THANK YOU!

As some of you know, I have been struggling this fall semester with FEAR. Mostly it has been in my classes. I really felt oppressed. I mean, I taught one of these classes this summer (you'd think 2 sections 2 days a week after not being in the classroom for 20 years AND planning a wedding for 300 at my house would have done me in); however, this fall has just been a struggle, to the point of dreading having to show up. I imagined all my students just staring at me, thinking things like, "You are the dumbest, most boring, worst teacher I have ever had!" It made me nervous and then I really did look like a dummy as I stumbled over my words and information that I KNOW. Anyway, I began sharing this and asking you to pray, and because I so often forget or neglect to give God the praise and glory for His answers big and small, and because I want to thank you faithful friends for praying, I am posting now. Last week things went better; I wondered if it was because I was collecting assignments and listening to speeches and wasn't having to be in front as much, but no, it really IS better, praise the LORD! This week went very well. I felt I had a handle on my information, that it was coming out more clearly, and I may even be helping some students! It's Thursday and class is over till Tuesday, and I actually enjoyed this week! I enjoyed it this summer, and I was wondering what was going on. I think this may be and ongoing battle as I fight for joy and right and true thoughts and positive emotions in every day life, but what a blessing to have this gift of reassurance right now. Thank you, thank you, dear friends, for praying. Thank you, dear Lord, for being ever faithful and loving and merciful; when I am weak, You are strong.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad, Friend. I know you are a wonderful teacher; and I'd love to be your student:-) (But you'd have to fail me cuz I wouldn't do my homework).

7:14 PM  
Blogger kibbe said...

Yeah!!!!!!Glad for this feeling of happiness you have about work.
(Riverrat, I wouldn't do my homework either, it's sad but true)

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home