Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Class is over!




(Don't I wish?!)



I would like to take wonderful pictures like the two A. H. girls, but I can't (so I just borrow them). This summer has been very FULL, as many of you know or can see....

.
CELEBRATE!
I taught two English 101 classes two days a week for ten weeks after not being in a "real" classroom for twenty years (yes, home schooling is real, I know, but I think you understand what I mean). Today was the last day of classes. We planned and held a wedding for 300 in our backyard. One of our daughters became a wife. We celebrated Independence Day with our best friends , and I rode a jet ski for the very first time, and we were treated to a spectacular display of fireworks by the river. Soon (I hope) we will vacation for a few days with family, and then go away by ourselves....and then it all begins again: home school, teaching two college classes, taking care of home and hearth...life is busy but good.







8 Comments:

Blogger Andy and Nancy said...

Where are you teaching? I had no idea you were a teacher!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Delaware Tech. I taught middle and high school English before I had kids; then I taught this same English 101 class when they were small on Saturdays; then they cancelled Saturday classes and more kids came along and homeschooling and parent care entered the picture and....

3:39 PM  
Blogger faith said...

Good job Mom. Enjoy your vacation!! Make sure to come back to us thought. :)

3:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

You're the best teacher I've ever had. :)

8:05 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Wow! God is allowing me some serious strokes of encouragement these days through friends and fam! thanks so much.

1:05 PM  
Blogger kibbe said...

Sue! You humble woman! I had no idea that you were teaching a class either, but I'll but you're a great teacher! Okay, that's my quota filled for the day on the exclamation points:)

3:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a great post! Love the pics(is that you on the jet ski:-)

I love the different seasons of our lives. Sometimes I wonder if I'll make it through some of them but God is always gracious bringing us to the next.

3:14 PM  
Blogger sixfranks said...

An amazing summer for you and your family and you've done it all with such grace! Enjoy your rest!

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home