Thursday, October 27, 2011

Twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, and twenty-seven!

23--Evening worship service. Friends and family worshiping together (any time). Many times I don't FEEL like going. I am convinced the devil (or my flesh) is trying to get me to miss a blessing, because when I go, it is always so encouraging and growing and refreshing and just plain wonderful. A life well lived--Mr. Ken Matthews, who is now all healthy and restored physically, and abiding with the Precious Savior he loved and served so well while on earth--one of the most Godly men I've ever known. And his sweet family--love, prayers, and comfort to them all as they adjust to life here without him: bittersweet--knowing he's happier than he's ever been, but humanly, missing him terribly and painfully--weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning!

24--Fall (the season) again! I am just loving this time of year.

25--Family over for dinner--again. My kids around the table laughing and sharing never ceases to amaze, delight, and fulfill me. Not much greater gift...I love you all so much (and miss the two far away in WV--glad we at least get to skype and pray for each other and that it WILL go much faster than we think....when we look back...)

26--Forgiveness--so full and so free--not just the part, but the whole! wow! What else can I add? Antibiotics to heal illnesses I fail to diagnose properly, resilient kids who endure my many, many mistakes...love so amazing....

27--glasses and contacts that allow me (who cannot read the big E at the doctor's) to see clearly things of this earth--and the Holy Spirit who allows the spiritual scales to fall off so I can see the things of God more clearly (now if I could just keep my spiritual eyes OPEN...)

Extras--FRIENDS! Life here is so beautiful and fun with all of you! I miss you when I don't see you. I am looking forward to times together in the future. Thanks for all the times you all lift me up when I am down and help me with weddings and parties and anything I need help with and all the laughter over the years and prayers and bike rides and campfires and graduations and even sorrows. All of you are really family, not just friends--praise God for you ALL! Christmas only 58 days away, birthdays, leaves, cookies, pretty tablecloths, flowers, phones, comfy tennis shoes, vacuum cleaners....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Well, after 3 tries, I am a bit unthankful--I had this all beautifully fall-colored, but for some reason, every time I posted, the colors disappeared! Oh well, there is a reason, and I thank God it published at all! :>)

6:00 AM  
Blogger Sarah Brewer said...

I enjoy reading your thankful lists! the yellow and green colors showed up.

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home