Monday, November 21, 2005

Hodgepodge of Monday thoughts

I love blogging. I knew I would. I will struggle with not spending too much time on here. I think it is just the coolest way to communicate with everybody. Life is so busy, we are all in different places, with different people, and yet we can all connect this way. The human connection! I also feel at least at times that I communicate better in writing than I do verbally. I feel so dumb talking to people some times, the words won't come out like I want, my feeble brain can't get the neurons to function properly and I feel like those cartoon characters standing there with their mouths open, "DUH?" (which, by the way, is not an allowed expression in our household; used against someone else, it is one of the most disrespectful terms on earth). Oh, boy, this is random thoughts day. Anyway, after nodding through a chapter of The Boxcars' Houseboat Mystery with Hope the other night, she went to sleep, and woke up fine! I was so happy. Her good friend Katelyn came over and they decorated for Sarah and "Mr. Mike" (their birthdays) while I cleaned the house, baked, washed clothes, and other assorted tasks. It kept them busy and was actually quite a help. Then the Maddoxes, McMahans, and Katelyn and we went to the Balls' for the bonfire. What fun! Jay and Joan really rock on the bonfire/hayride party end of things--even to the DELUXE (flushing, with a sink, decorated (painting & candles) Port-o-Potty!! Awesome. Who would have thought? I wouldn't. Sunday was church--greeters, Anna and Luke joining, Tim teaching Sunday school (is he an incredible teacher or what? And handsome, too...for the fellow saps in my blogging audience), Jr. high snack (which Mrs. Franklin thoughtfully suggested they use leftovers from the bonfire--thanks!!She is a gem!)...a delightful afternoon walk with Mike and Robin, and back to pm worship--a superb Sabbath. Oh, and the church and elders praying for Damien was moving beyond words. I started crying as soon as Damien stood up, before anyone even said anything. I pray Damien and the family see that God is already using this for His glory--even within our church family--how united we were, and are, as we pray for this precious family. May God tangibly show them His real-ness and love and give them strength and wisdom, and lots of hugs and encouragement. Well, enough rambling on for now; I really do have responsibilities to take care of ! May you all have God-glorifying and fun days!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

I love my mom.

6:56 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Wow! Thanks so much! I love you, too!

11:20 AM  
Blogger faith said...

I love the boxcar children.
And my mother.
haha.

12:43 PM  
Blogger faith said...

And I love the Ball's bonfires. They are a always a blast. :) Woohoo.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Anna P said...

A Boxcar Children was the first and only chapter book I've read in a single day.

5:50 AM  
Blogger grey rose (they/them) said...

i love your mom too.
i love crushed ice....

hooray for mama harr!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Mackenzee said...

How can I possibly follow THAT? Well...Amen.

6:15 AM  
Blogger faith said...

well, I don't know where that mother of mine is... maybe she is working on my scholarship applications... haha. Most likely she is cleaning up from a long week of thanksgiving partying. :)
Love you mom.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home