Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Imagine this sweet MP3 player in hot pink and you can imagine my new Mother's Day present from my kids--quite the surprise, and a great one at that! They said I could use it at the gym, and it is wonderful! And not just at the gym. I LOVE IT!! The music sounds more intimate or something; I can really listen to the words. Music ministers to my very soul, one way or another. Secular music makes me feel edgy and rebellious, like driving too fast, telling people EXACTLY what I think, going to a bar, wanting to be part of the wordly popular groups....Christian music melts my heart, convicts me, uplifts me, points me to God, lightens my mood, expresses the cry of my soul to God, teaches me Scripture and Biblical truths, soothes my pain and sorrow, and many many more good things! Thank you so much for your gift to me, children! I love it, and I love you way, way more--you (and Dad) are the lights of my life!

Here is a song I like from the Jars of Clay Good Monsters CD (there are so many good songs on that CD! carry me, it don't matter (where you bury me), There is a River, etc.):
Under the Bridge
I do not love you the way I did when we met
There are secrets and arguments that I haven't finished yet
It's only that grace has outlived our regrets
We're still here
Maybe we can stay
'Til the last drop of water flows under the bridge
We can stay'Til the last drop of water flows under the bridge
There are times meant for breaking
And words to ignore
And a bent to our souls
When our skin is at war
If leaving were freedom
Well, we'd both walk right out of that door
Maybe we can stay'Til the last drop of water flows under the bridgeWe can stay'Til the last drop of water flows
And the years roll by
And you hold my hand
While the shadows stretch over the land
Crumble and fall in my arms
And we'll struggle to hold on
Waters, they rise
And they carry our hopes and our dreams away
Baby, we can stay, stay
And the years roll by
And you hold my hand
And the shadows stretch over the land
Baby, we can stay'Til the last drop of water flows under the bridgeWe can stay'Til the last drop of water flows under the bridgeWe can stay'Til the last drop of water flows under the bridge
Words and music by Dan Haseltine, Charlie Lowell, Stephen Mason, Matt OdmarkĀ© 2006 Bridge Building Music, Inc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Taylor said...

This is so indredibley sweet! Your children are amazing! Ha ha

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home