Monday, October 29, 2007

Billy Goat Trail


Saturday we visited Faith. After a false start in D.C. (Tim couldn't find parking and let us out and he just rode around and then picked us (Faith, Jared, Hope, and me) up--poor Tim), we went to Great Falls Park to hike. Faith took us on a favorite hike of hers that she described as flat and smooth. Well, it was not exactly as she remembered, but it was mostly fun (I have some trouble with heights, but the views were gorgeous!) and a great time. What a beautiful day that was not predicted! I loved the exercise and being outside with loved ones, and I longed to be camping. However, in lieu of a campfire, we had superb chili and cornbread and good fellowship at Mary and Joe's (Howards'), and all in all, one of the most special days I have had lately! Thanks, everyone, and thanks to our gracious God for His beautiful creation(s).

2 Comments:

Blogger myroaring20s said...

I am so glad that you had a day out in nature. God's world is so refreshing to the spirit. It's good to get out of the man buildings sometimes.

5:17 PM  
Blogger faith said...

It was flat at the end!!

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home