Wednesday, November 30, 2005

To God be the Glory

"Cast your cares on the LORD and He will sustain you;
He will never let the righteous fall."---Psalm 55:22

"But I call to God, and the LORD saves me. Evening, morning,
and noon I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice."--Ps. 55:16-17

"Two things have I heard: that you, o God, are strong, and that
you, o God, are loving." --Psalm 61:11-12


How true and comforting are the Words of our God. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness, love, and mercy. I am so weak and frail. Help my unbelief as you already have a thousand times and even now are doing so. Help my son in His time of pain. How can I explain how a lizard's death can shake the depths of one's soul? We cried again yesterday and last night. Sarah said she could hear him cry while in her bathroom (above his room) washing her face for bed. Kato was his friend. He has been in his room since he moved into it. He was his favorite lizard. He could hold him, talk to him, watch him. He was probably the source of his herpetologist dreams--working with and studying reptiles in some fashion when he is an adult. He planned to have lots of reptiles; he had drawings and plans for outside environs for iguanas and other lizards who could sun themselves; he was always talking of new plans for terrariums and how he could better design them for the good of his pets, always checking out new books on lizards, surfing the Net, learning more about care and keeping. Now all that has changed. Doubt has come. These are pets that have a great risk with them. Dogs, cats, gerbils, and even ferrets, the vets know how to treat. Lizards are very specialized and as far as we know, there is no one nearby who would know how to treat a sick one. We probably could not afford it anyway. The internet does not offer very much info either in treating one once it is sick. So if one invests time and money and yes, one's heart, in one of these creatures, one takes a huge risk. Now we know. Maybe God is using this to direct him elsewhere. Maybe, no, I KNOW He will use it to be able to understand and comfort others who face loss. He now knows loss, real loss. How do I as a mother help him? I can hardly stand the pain of his crying out, "WHY? why? why did he have to die? why didn't I take him sooner? I loved him so much. I miss him so much. I keep thinking he isn't really gone. What did I do wrong? What did Kato do wrong? Why did God kill him?" I cry with him. I say yes, death is horrible. It is so final. You will never see or hold him again. It is like a nightmare. It is like a punch to the gut. It does feel like a knife has been inserted and is being twisted in your stomach, your very soul. I had to flee to God's Word. Some of the verses he showed me are above. His word is so true, so comforting, so real, so cutting to bone and marrow. How I thank Him for it. We must look to Him; we must confess His truth, whether we FEEL it or not. I have really been praying for my hurting friends. May God make Himself real to all of them--imagine the pain of losing a son with his life ahead of him! Talk about dashed hopes. Think of the possibility of losing a beloved husband or father, of watching him suffer the very depths of hell on earth as the illness and medicine to treat it ravages his body. How do we cope? Only God can carry us. Help my sisters and brothers who have lost spouses, soul-mates. Only God can give us hope to get up and go on. These loved ones lost may only have meaning to those who know them, but they HAVE meaning; they have affected the universe just by being. Help us all, O LORD, to confess how great thou art, to comfort one another (II Corinthians 1 :4+), and to live lives that count. Sorry to be so heavy, but I knew this was a place to reflect openly, and I am a person that that helps tremendously. To Him be the glory both now and forever! Amen. (II Peter 3:18)

2 Comments:

Blogger faith said...

If I didn;t feel like crying before, I do now. What can I do for my poor little brother?

9:14 AM  
Blogger grey rose (they/them) said...

wow. thanks sue! praise the lord:)

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home