Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Day After!

Right now we are in Connecticut at my nephew Paul and his lovely wife Erika's home being treated like royalty. It is the first time in about 20 years that I haven't hosted Thanksgiving, and although there are millions of good memories of great fellowship and fun on all of those, I am thoroughly enjoying being with family and not being the hostess! Right now cousin Peter (Paul's younger brother), Sarah, Anna, Luke, Hope, and Erika are making gingerbread houses downstairs in the kitchen; we went for a walk yesterday and earlier today (everyone here--my brother and his wife, Tim, and I, and the already forementioned), we've played games, eaten and eaten of course, talked, laughed, and just had a wonderful family time. And this weather change, from 70 to 30 is perfect for the season--the Christmas music playing in the background, fire in the fireplace, wow, this is almost like the Christmas card seasons, or movies or books I dream about like family gatherings ought to be. The Lord is truly good and gracious!

5 Comments:

Blogger kibbe said...

wow that gingerbread house is amazing! Did you all make that?
Where in CT are you guys? I grew up in Ellington and Rockville.

6:54 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

no, I just searched for a picture since i do not take pictures myself. But theirs were awesome, too--one a bachelor pad with a fire and not chimney, beer and pizza, barbells and a motorcycle. One a traditional with lights, snow-covered trees, and a magnificent nativity scene...so creative. West Hartford is where we were.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't tell me they made gingerbread house! Fun, fun! I always like the thought but they are too messy and mine look like the landfill when I'm done.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yeah, mine, too, but consider those involved: Anna, Sarah, Luke, and Hope, to begin with--some very creative and artistic talent lined up. My niece asked if it was sacrilegious to make the manger scene out of gumdrops; I said no, any time you want to give credit to the reason for the season is good, and besides, Sarah made those gumdrops look like the real deal...

9:01 AM  
Blogger ukrainiac said...

Did ANYONE get any pictures? I'd love to see them!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home