Monday, December 05, 2005

Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Things here are going much better, praise His wonderful Name, and thank you for praying! Recovering from the loss of a pet is easier than the loss of a person, obviously, but I think it has taught some tough life lessons. We still hurt, but it is SOOOO much better, I am so thankful!

Will it snow today or be a disappointment to the snow lovers among us? I, of course, want snow, but then I think of all the older folks (and some not older, just heavily inconvenienced by it), who are really in danger because of the snow, so as with everything, the LORD's will be done. I love the snow because it is such a picture of the verse about washing our sins whiter than snow. The beautiful whiteness covering everything makes everything beautiful, no matter how ugly it was before (even a trash heap turns into a mountain!) I also love it because it gives me a cozy feeling--of fires in the fireplace, hot chocolate, being with friends, curling up with a good book, and so on. And of course, walking in it all bundled up. Well, we'll see what happens! Have a happy day!

5 Comments:

Blogger faith said...

I was told that we will still have school even if it snows... so I would perfer to not have snow because all the sidewalks will be a mess and AHHHH!!! It isn't fun. But I do love snow, so let if come and maybe they will change their minds and cancel school. BHAH.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

I'd like to invite you to experiance a Ukrainian snow. Hehe! We've gotten lots of it this year. It's just a mess when it's not staying below zero! BUT I love the snow and winter so much! I love it!

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The snow is here! I don't know if it will stay long but it IS beautiful-Everything sounds different, smells different, feels different in SNOW!And colored christmas lights look their BEST in SNOW!

2:49 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

It snowed, I'm glad, we took a walk around the neighborhood about 10 pm--nothing like it, the quiet, the brightness, and yes, colored lights DO look their best in snow. I don't think it is going to last for long--was very wet and slushy--not quite cold enough, Jeanne! Ah well, I'll take what we get.

8:31 PM  
Blogger grey rose (they/them) said...

i love cozy feelings too!!


the harr family
gives me a cozy feeling!

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home