Monday, February 06, 2006

PRESS ON!

I know, I know, it's about time I updated this blog. I REALLY have wanted to for the past week, but every time I got around to it, someone was on the computer, and by the time he or she was done, I was busy with something else OR asleep in my bed! Anyway, first some verses of Scripture for a Monday morning after several days of especially hard wrestling with the flesh, the world, and the devil and not succeeding as much as I would like:

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, BUT I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me....one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I PRESS ON toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:12-14.

Yes, it has been a time of great struggle to please the LORD. Praise to His everlasting, ever-loving, always-patient Name above all names for forgiving me and helping me GET UP and go on. The devil is the only one who wants us to stay down. Jesus stands there, our loving brother and parent, holding out open arms and hands, and as we cry out to Him, He lifts us up, and says, "Get up, my child, I love you." The devil, the weasly accuser, says, "Stay down, you wicked, unbelieving wretch! Messed up again, of course. You no-good, slimey piece of trash, He won't forgive you; you've failed again; why try?" Praise God! There is hope! JESUS, Savior, lover of my soul, has done it all FOR me! Thanks be to Him and praise forevermore. May He make Himself real to you today!

I need to apologize to my long-suffering family and husband. I have been snappy when I wanted deep inside to be kind and caring; I have been selfish when I should have been serving; I have been whiny when I should have been thankful. I have failed you and my Lord. God help me grow in the grace of Jesus AND demonstrate this to you all!!! Thanks to the Lord for being faithful even when I am not!

I have been carried on this diet exercise program for 31 days. An unbelievable miracle. I have fought yesterday and today to continue, however. I feel it is not worth it, not making enough difference (all lies--it IS working, well, and better than I expected--it's just like Tim says, "You didn't put it on in a couple weeks; it's going to take a long time to get it off!") I want instant results. Ah well. Discipline has always been a weak point for me; ask my children. I am one who hates confrontation; I like EASE. Life is not like that. Grow up! Anyway, thanks to those who have been praying for me! I would like to enlist you for a while longer. I am unable to do this without God's mercy. I am so thankful for His strength so far. I really do feel healthier. And, I do like being able to fit in a pair of pants I haven't been able to for a long time--even though THEY used to be my "fat" pants. (I guess I have been wearing my "FATTEST" pants :>) Ah well. PRESS ON!

What else? I must end on some positives. I love weddings! Peter and Emily's was great, and I can't wait until Hannah and Pat's. My daughters and son are the joys of my life, and my husband is a true gift of God. My mother is quite easy to care for; she is always thankful for the littlest thing I do for her; she doesn't wander (physically unable) and is generally not crabby. I know it could be much worse. Some of you have experienced it. We have a wonderful house, warm on cold days, and able to hold people when they grace us to visit. I have such special friends; it is amazing the number of fantastic, loving, supportive people God has placed in my life, to be adopted family to us. I am the most blessed of women!

I hope all of you have a great day, a great week. I also hope I can get on here and update a bit more frequently, but at least my first fear of wasting too much time on here hasn't come true! HA HA. Talk to you all later!


6 Comments:

Blogger faith said...

my mother...

6:57 AM  
Blogger faith said...

she makes me smile. I love her.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Thanks.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Anna P said...

Your writing is wonderful. Keep it up! I enjoy your views on life, keeps mine in perspective.

2:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is such a struggle...it's "get knocked down" then "get back up". Thank God for his strength and MERCY! You see it over and over in Scripture-the struggle of the saints. The great news? The Lord is VICTORIOUS and he makes US VICTORS with him!

6:58 AM  
Blogger grey rose (they/them) said...

praise the LORD for his NEVER tiring mercy! press on! hooray for fitting into pants!! i WILL keep praying!
I am thankful for YOU, and for your PRECIOUS family!!

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home