Friday, March 24, 2006

It is very late, actually, it is a new day, but I wanted to write SOMETHING! It has been soooooo long since I have had a chance to post. I keep hearing of all the awesome posts all of you are doing, but I haven't even had time to look. One of these days! Anyway, I really want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to HOPE, our 10-year-old daughter (March 25)! HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HOPE! We love you so much and are thankful to have had the privilege of having you for 10 whole years! All of our kids are now in the double digits! Also, a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to HAYLEY, who is 20! It was cool to have a baby on the same day as my best friend, 10 years apart, but still, cool. Have a very merry one, Hayley! You have been a real gift to our family these 18 or so years we have known you. I thank God He gave my girls such a wonderful friend! Tomorrow (well, today) we are having a party for Hope. We have a scavenger hunt planned and a balloon race and a marshmallow race and some other fun (I hope!) games, and of course, the cake and ice cream and candy stuff! I do hope everyone has a fun time. Why do I get so stupidly stressed about these things? Ugh! Praise God from whom all things flow that HE holds it all together and is faithful when I am not! I am so awed by what He does. I know I should not be surprised, but sometimes His merciful gifts take my breath away. Just salvation and forgiveness and mercy and grace are enough, but He adds in friends, family, comforts, answers to prayers, homes, healings, His Word, sufferings that we might become like Him, love, beautiful creation, health, laughter, worship, pets, food, drink, warm clothes, good books, serving opportunities, and much, much more! Wonderful, merciful, Savior, blessed redeemer and Friend, who would have thought that a lamb could, rescue the souls of men? Oh, you rescue the souls of men...love that song. Well, I need to go to bed; I need rest to deal with 7 ten-year-olds. Bless you all, my friends. To God be the glory forever and ever. Amen!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You posted!! I stand in agreement with all you wrote! God has blessed us so! (and daughters are wonderful-yes, a lot of work, but worth it:-)
Parties-love 'em, hate 'em! Getting ready for 8 young ladies:-)

7:13 AM  
Blogger grey rose (they/them) said...

thanks for the encouragement!! love you!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home