Monday, February 13, 2006

AT THE LIBRARY

I am at the Wicomico Library and I have 8 minutes remaining on this wonderfully FAST computer. So if I get cut off in the middle of my post, I guess I wll have to start over at home on the ole slow computer. WAH. But anyway, that is not why I am writing! I am writing...why am I writing? Well, I dislike when you all don't update your blogs, so I guess I think I better update mine, even if I have absolutely nothing to say. HA. I have something to say, however, but I am having trouble getting to the point (in case you haven't noticed already). First, I want to thank God for the library. I just love the library; not necessarily OUR library, I just love libraries, probably because I LOVE books! Is there anything cooler than a book? Not too many things, anyway. Curling up in a favorite chair or couch or bed with a fantastic book, relaxing, disappearing into the story or the interesting information or superb pictures....oh my! Definitely one of my favorite things! Thank you, Jesus, for that simple pleasure!

I also want to thank Him for the beautiful snow; I would have liked more, but it was not the plan of the Master Creator, and He does know best. But it was still soooooooo crazy gorgeous to look at, and truly, always reminds me of the Bible verse about washing us whiter than snow! Snow really does make the ugly and ordinary beautiful and pure-looking, and Christ does that for us! Thank you again, Jesus! Am I being sappy? I hope not; I want to be THANKFUL, not sappy. I struggle to look at the positive a lot of the time, and I know it does not honor my Lord. I want to look at His gifts and the every day stuff I just take for granted.

While I am at it, I just have to be thankful for the gifts of family and friends (again!!). I am just so blessed. Yesterday was so cool having everybody home for a change and Jared and Linnea too and the McMahans in the morning before they left for GA. I love having people come to my house, which I hope feels like a home. I get a fulfilled feeling having people around; what is that? I don't know; I just like it. So come on over, ya'll, but make yourself at home; I guess I am not the most thoughtful hostess sometimes; I forget to ask you if you want a drink or something to eat...and it may not always be the neatest (in fact, it probably won't be neat :>) at all), (at least I hope the bathrooms aren't stinky! I hate when my bathrooms are stinky!) (mortification). But I want you to feel welcome and loved!

My time has been extended, hurray! Luke is probably rolling his eyes inside his head if not on the outside; I told him I was not going on the computer and we were going soon after we chose our books. He knows better by now, I guess. I can't resist the speed of these computers! I went on here originally to look up the next book in a series I have been reading. I am really enjoying the Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody mystery (in Egypt) series. They are fun. There are about 17 books and it is best to read them in order; you can go online to find the order.

Last paragraph...I had a terrific time at the Valentine's (sort of) dinner with the McMahans, Taylors, and so on the other night. It is so good to have some fun with people of your own age. Yes, there IS fun after 40! HA HA! We laugh so much and share family stories and old memories and discuss life and the world and it is just great! Thank you for that fun time, and one last thanks--for my absolutely THE BEST husband in the world. He puts up with A LOT with me! But we have some fun, too! :>) Gotta go for real--until another blog! The LORD bless all of you and keep you.....!!

10 Comments:

Blogger faith said...

"But it was still soooooooo crazy gorgeous to look at". My mom just said "so crazy gorgeous." heh. I love your posts mom. I wish I could write creatively like you.
Thanks for making me dinner yesterday. I love italian and I love chicken!!! And I am sorry I insulted your chili. It was wrong of me. I just don't like kidney beans and I was in a bad mood yesterday and I didn't know why. I hate it when that happens.
Thanks for loving me.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Mackenzee said...

Yay Mrs. Harr updated! You people need to get highspeed internet :) The library is DEFINETLY something to be thankful for!!!

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I laughed when I say "crazy gorgeous" too! Amazing vocabulary!
Okay-I cannot contain it any longer! **SCOWL ***SCOWL- maybe you don't NEED high-speed internet;maybe it is not a necessity of life-but what a nice PERK for such a NICE wife, mother, friend,teacher!!!Seems like a good TOOL for someone with the above "jobs".
(Delmar library might be fine but Wicomico library is definately getting "narly"-very strange clientele)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I do agree about the clientele at the WICO library. But they have more computers....oh well...and more books...ugh...

12:52 PM  
Blogger faith said...

No no, resist. It will be like when we got cable my freshman year in college. CURSE CABLE TV. Everyone will just sit in front of the computer and the tv now. CURSE CURSE CURSE THE TV. Imagine the many more hours wasted.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Appreciate those kind thoughts, Suzanne, but I gotta say it: Does anyone have an extra $50 a month we can have? Until it comes down in price, slow is US... :>)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh, Faith, I didn't see your newest post--I agree. TV is the devil :>?

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

TV may be the devil... but not when things like the Olympics are on! Or the World Cup or the Tour de France....

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything in moderation, my dears.(I need to take my own advice):-)Take the $50 out of Anna's clothing budget(No evil looks Anna)

3:14 PM  
Blogger faith said...

I wish I had time to watch the Olympics and UNC basketball. But I would gladly sacrifice both of those for getting rid of cable.

5:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home