Saturday, March 11, 2006

Oh, what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day!

Has the weather been absolutely AWESOME the last two days?! How I wish I could put into words how I LOVE this weather. It makes me feel alive! I want to go camping. I want school to be over (we took a vacation day Friday; days like that don't come along that often in March, and there will be plenty of cool wet ones to stay inside and catch up; I am this way with the first snow, too. Since we hardly ever get snow, I figure they better get out there in play in the one- to two-inches we get the first time; there may not be any more!) Anyway....Tim and I went to the Taylors' lovely home in TYASKIN on the river on Thursday night; the warm weather had started then, come to think of it. The river was sparkling. The wind was starting to blow and it was so neat to hear it outside the open window. Praise God for wonderful, FUN friends. I don't think we had been out since OCTOBER--is that sad or what? Suzanne fixed us a superb meal, fried oysters for those 3, and shrimp kabobs for me! And steak (SOOOO tender) and veggie kabobs for all of us, a tasty salad, delicious cheese and herb biscuits--oh, what a feast, and all by candlelight! My best friend has such a way with decorating--her home looks like one out of those fancy magazines. I am so spoiled when I go there! I am spoiled anyway. God is so good to me!
Yesterday the kids were playing outside and Luke forgot about the cable he had stretched between two trees to practice tightrope walking on (about a foot off the ground); he ran into it, damaged his shin, landed on the wooden stilt lying on the ground with his jaw, and busted his lip with his tooth through it. (We are very thankful no teeth were damaged!) NOT a pretty sight, though! I feel very sorry for him. Gives new meaning to "fat lip." Very painful, but he will get through it!
Today I got up at 5:30 to help serve breakfast at the men's prayer breakfast. When I got home later, Luke and I decided to go to the zoo. We picked up Dean, his friend, enjoyed the beautiful day walking in the very crowded zoo, went to Rita's Italian ice for a treat, and came home (after picking up crickets at Petsmart for the lizards). The otters (my favorite) were out and swimming and playing; it was cool! The kids are all outside now playing various games like "Rover" :>) and "Peek Around the Corner." It warms my heart to see 18-year-olds, 14-year-olds, and 10-year-olds having fun together! I planned my ladies' Bible study, and now am contemplating dinner plans....does anyone else get tired of THINKING of something to cook? Faith, sweet Faith, cooked last night! What a break! What a day! I love this weather! Thank you, Jesus!
Poor Tim. He had to work in OC hanging cabinets last night and all day today. He actually left a few minutes before me this morning! He has been working so much lately. He is a wonderful husband, provider, friend, and father. We are truly a blessed family!
One last blog-thought. I bought this (I thought) cool wooden bread box to hold our bread and rolls which tend to spread all over the counter into a rather unsightly mess. That was probably last summer. No one else seemed to get it. The bread was always ON TOP of it, rather than in it, and if some unfortunate bagels or English muffins happened to be IN it, they were soon forgotten and ignored and turning green. Well, now the bread box has become the medicine chest. One day I opened it up, and inside are all the various vitamins, cold remedies, and ibuprofen bottles all neatly lined up (I admit it, these items also had a way of spreading out all over the counter in an unsightly mess). The breads and rolls sit contentedly on top of the box. Life is so funny. Enjoy it, my friends!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Hi Sue,
The weather has been wonderful! I cleaned our car out today, which needed it badly and we started on the 40+ tree stumps that need to be pulled out. Last year's project was cutting them all down so I guess this years project is pulling out all of the stomps.
Just so you know...you are not the only one tired of planning meals. We have only been married 8 years but it feels like I have planned thousands of meals! I'm thankful for the few nights that we do take-out.
Just wondering...what zoo did you go to? We took the kids to the Baltimore Zoo (or is it The Maryland Zoo in Baltimore?) last year and we were disappointed. Jeff remembers it being so different from when he had seen it last. The kids were so disappointed when they didn't have the prairie dogs. That is what Jeff had been talking about for weeks before we went.
I had to laugh at your comments about the bread box. It has been known to have a entire box of English muffins get moldy because no one remembered that they were in the bread box.
Have a blessed week, friend!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Oh, I forgot. Tell your daughter Faith that I have enjoyed reading her blog. I haven't left any comments for fear of her wondering "Who is this lady?"
I keep thinking that there was something else I wanted to write but now I can't think of it. Ughh, I hate when that happens!

3:57 PM  
Blogger faith said...

I love cooking!

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A thank-you to my GOOD friends who will TRAVEL the long road to "country home"!The conversation, the reminices(?), the laughs are so healing!(Pie, truffles, Zantac:-)

What my friends don't know about me: I HATE bread boxes-must be bad childhood memories-crumbs and ants.

And some of you know how I HATE bread TWIST TIES! Useless waste of time and energy twisting those dumb things+trying to keep the air out of the bag at the same time.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home