Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Praise To The LORD, The Almighty

Happy Birthday to Anna and Jeanne Peipon, and to my dear sister in Christ, Beth Stanton! May your day be very special, precious ones!

I woke up with a song in my heart, literally. I looked up the words in our hymnal, and I just must share some of the verses with you:

Praise to the Lord, the Almighty, the King of creation!
Oh my soul praise Him, for He is thy health and salvation!
All ye who hear, Now to His temple draw near;
Join me in glad adoration!

Praise to the Lord,who o're all things so wondrously reigneth,
Shelters thee under His wings, yes, so gently sustaineth,
Hast thou not seen how all thy longings have been
Granted in what He ordaineth?

Praise to the Lord, who doth prosper thy work and defend thee;
Surely His goodness and mercy here daily attend thee.
PONDER ANEW what the Almighty can do,
If with His love He befriend thee.

Praise to the Lord! O let ALL that is in me adore Him!
All that hath life and breath, come now with praises before Him.
Let the AMEN sound from His people again:
Gladly for we do adore Him.

Okay, so I ended up writing all the hymn, but the words are so good I didn't know what to skip. I just wanted to praise the Lord for beautiful days, but more than that, for His awesome faithfulness; for the ways we can trust Him implicitly, NO MATTER WHAT. And for giving me a confident assurance; I feel new. I feel like shackles have been taken off my eyes; He has given me understanding deep in my soul. I feel DELIVERED, and I don't think I even knew I needed to be. His Word is true and altogether righteous. We CAN cling to it and to His promises. HE will not fail. Well, I must go; many things await, but He is Lord and there is no other! Praise Him today and always!

11 Comments:

Blogger faith said...

You stole that from me. I have been singing it for the past week. And I posted it on my blog yesterday.
We must be from the same family or something. Haha.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I did not know you had it on your blog! I did not even go to any other blogs because the computer was REALLY funky this am. Ah, well. Must be the family thing. Love ya!

11:43 AM  
Blogger faith said...

Love you too. :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Dasha said...

I think it is funny that a mother and daughter communicate at home in person... but learn so much by reading each other's blogs... hehe.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

Glad to hear from you, Sue! It's awful when sickness hit the family and it goes through everyone. We had it a few weeks ago.

Have a great day and a great Resurrection Sunday!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Anna P said...

Thanks for the birthday greetings. It was a wonderful day in Kathmandu, sun was shining, no curfew and even found a resturant open to get a birthday dinner in during a strike! Life is never dull in Nepal. :) Come for a visit!

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord that you posted, my friend!
I love our talking, listening and whine sessions together! Especially since it all comes around to the praise of the Father; His goodness and mercy!
Press on!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Jeanne said...

THANK you, thank YOU for the birthday greetings! I still can't believe I'm 23! And in just 5 1/2 months Joci Stanton and my mom will be celebrating birthdays!

8:02 AM  
Blogger ukrainiac said...

Was that whine or wine, riverrat?

8:17 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I cannot answer that question, ukraniac, because of fear of incrimination. :>) Actually, thought, I think the said comment was WITH the h, since we had just shared and prayed together about some "life" problems, over the phone. :) I'm so glad God gives us each other to help pick each other up when we need it!

7:05 AM  
Blogger faith said...

I sure hope it is whine. I don't like wine.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home