Thursday, May 04, 2006

Immigration questions

I thought I had something to write, but now I am here and nothing is coming. It had something to do with immigration. I have nothing against immigration, LEGAL immigration, that is. Most of us got here that way originally. I know my ancestors were not landed gentry; in fact, there are rumors that some were ooops! disobeyers of the law. It does not seem right, though, that some people have been working hard to EARN (I don't think that is a popular word today) citizenship in our great country, and then these others who have sneaked in think they can just be entitled to it. I just smacks of so much more, about our society...we "deserve" this, we "deserve" that, and the rules and laws are just going down the tubes--anarchy approaches. There seems no moral compass or absolutes. And will those given special privileges WHO have been working hard then demand more something for nothing? It sure has been that way in the past. The more you give us, the more we want. I guess it's the sin of man. Save us from ourselves, Oh LORD. I do not pretend to have the answer, but just giving in is not right. We are so afraid to stand up for what is right anymore. We might OFFEND someone. Didn't I read somewhere that the CROSS is offensive? What has happened to right and wrong? UGH! In my mind I expressed this so much more eloquently. It's just not coming out right now. I am in a whacked mood today. Father, help me remember Martin Luther's words: Feelings come, and feelings go, feelings are so deceiving; I put my trust in the WORD of GOD; NOTHING else is worth believing. Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home